NMA BUILDING LEVY: RESOLUTIONS FROM UYO NECAdmin
The NMA land in the FCT has remained undeveloped for well over 20 years and stands a high risk of re-vocation if it remains so. NOC in August NEC at oshogbo, Osun state presented a proposal of special building levy for all doctors in the country. N20,000 for doctors less than 10years of practice and N40,000 for doctors more than 10years of practice.
1. NEC at UYO unanimously observed that NMA is about the only professional body at its level without a beffitting secretariat in the Federal capital territory and should do everything possible to build a befitting secretariat on its land in the FCT.
2. NEC also observed that the best way to actualize collection of special building levy from all doctors across the country is through the MDCN platform.
3. NEC however observed that the decision by NOC to make mandatory payment of the building levy as a prerequisite for renewal of the 2019 practising licence without proper sensitization of members may not allow for willing, grudge-free response to the payment of the building levy.
4. NEC also observed that the association needs more time to properly sensitize her members across the country and appropriately prepare them for the levy.
1. NEC resolved that the mandatory NMA building levy payment as a prerequisite for renewal of 2019 practising licence be removed from the MDCN platform to allow members have hitch-free access to their profiles and complete the 2019 licence renewal before December 31st 2018.
2. That all doctors in the country should be advised to voluntarily pay the building levy as proposed from now till December 31st 2018.
3. That payment for building levy will be a mandatory step for completion of renewal of 2020 practising licence for those yet to voluntarily pay before then.
4. NOC should strengthen the already existing building committee for the adequate monitoring, prudent spending and meticulous management of all payments and donations for the NMA secretariat building to ensure the actualization of the project.
5.NEC also resolved that the association should continue sourcing for funds from well meaning Nigerians and philanthropists rigorously to augment the levy from members.
All members are therefore advised to comply with NEC resolutions and play their role in moving our noble association forward.
Thanks for your anticipated support.
For NMA Rivers State,
Dr Adebiyi Obelebra.
Dr Diamond Tamunokuro